Dynamic View Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5/1.15.2 is small, light for the server-side at present. It’s useful to balance lag (TPS) and chunk view or load distance in the game.
Once the server does not get lag, it will boost the chunk view distance. If it moves over the standard lag level, it will decrease the chunk view distance.
It’s essential to install it on the server. It can supplement a couple of client functions in the future.
You can experience another creation of the author. It’s a new companion mod to help you control chunkloading better. It’s Limited Chunkloading.
These are features that are configurable.
- Min Chunk view distance
- Max Chunk view distance
- Average tick time to balance around
- Update frequency
Here are average tick time details:
It will let you decide the target TPS.
Tick time = <50 ms = 20 TPS, Tick time = 100 = 10 TPS, Tick time = 200 = 5 TPS.
1sec = 1000miliseconds = 1000/X = TPS
Dynamic View is a server utility mod that also relates to World Gen. It requires Minecraft Forge.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- Open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% -> click Run.
- Input where mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods name folder.
- When open Minecraft, click the button mods, you see the mod is installed.