AppleCore (Forge) Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2/1.10.2 is added to Minecraft as an API. It aims to make changes to the food as well as hunger mechanics.
Like other API and Library mods, this one does not give any changes to the hunger mechanics of the game by itself. Instead, it must be used with other mods so it can be effective.
Characteristics of the changed mechanics:
- The values of food are visible when you hold Shift.
For Hunger/Saturation HUD Overlay:
- When the food is held, the hunger or saturation that you obtain from absorbing the food will flicker on the screen.
For Food Exhaustion HUD Underlay:
- You will see the Food Exhaustion in the form of a progress bar right behind the hunger bar.
Here are the mods that utilize this Food mod:
- Hunger Overhaul: More tweaks are made for the mechanics in relation to hunger and others.
- The Spice of Life: It encourages player’s dietary difference via diminishing returns.
- Hunger In Peace: The regeneration of standard hunger and health peacefully.
- Hunger Tweak: The AppleCore API is revealed to CraftTweaker scripting.
AppleCore can be used by mod developers. However, your food must be consistent with this mod. Besides, you also have to integrate plants with the mod.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- Open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% -> click Run.
- Input where mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods name folder.
- When open Minecraft, click the button mods, you see the mod is installed.